Local Literary Groups of the SRC’s of various schools are set to start preparations ahead of crucial elimination round of the ARSRC Annual Literary Group Competition slated for the 28th of January, 2017.
The competition will see over 30 schools battle for a slot in the grand finale at three designated centers including Kumasi Girls, Kumasi Anglican SHS and Effiduasi Senior High Commercial.
Ahead of the competition some schools have started earnest preparations to be battle ready for the competition. The schools will be competing in drama, choreography, live band music, traditional dance, poetry and comedy with mouth watering prizes to be won by schools.
Checks by our editorial team in some schools revealed that Local LG members are back in schools and have commenced rehearsals to be ready for the elimination round. The competition will be fiercely contested at all the venues as schools bid to pick one of the qualification slots for the grand finale slated for the 11th of February at the new auditorium of Kumasi Academy.
The schools will be competing in drama and poetry on the following topics;
- Topics for Drama and Poetry:
- One nation with a common destiny; uniting political forces for greater achievement
- Student’s demonstrations and its consequences.
- Social Media craze; dangers of Whatsapp, Facebook, Twitter etc craze for the youth
- Current trends in examination malpractice, a threat to Ghana’s future.
- ARSRC @ 20. Projecting the concept of students activism and advocacy