Thursday , April 2 2020
Breaking News
Home / education / Free SHS :Prempeh College admits 1,800 Students for Double-Track SHS 1

Free SHS :Prempeh College admits 1,800 Students for Double-Track SHS 1

Mr. Samuel Fordjour, headmaster of Prempeh senior high school, one of the leading schools in Ghana has revealed that, the school has welcomed close to thousand eight hundred fresh students through the computerized school selection and placement system this year.

According to him, 90% of the fresh students are boarders with the rest 10% as day students.

He said, out of the 1800 fresh students, 900 of them who had green indications on their placement forms were to begin school this month and those on gold were to begin on the 8th of November this year as far as the free SHS double – track education system is concerned.

Breaking down the number of students and programs offered in the school, the headmaster indicated that, students who had the opportunity to offer Business course were 155,103 visual arts students, 573 General arts students and 905 science students,which sums up to be 1,736.

Speaking to foxfmonline.com yesterday, the headmaster further indicated, the school has not encountered any big problem in registering the freshers,but noted the only problems were changing of students’ programs and those from long distance who have been placed as day students.

People were of the view that, because of the free education policy and its double – track system, the would be some challenges beyond school authorities control but the headmaster told foxfmonline.com that the administration has not encountered any major problems.

Though he commended the government for given the school an 18 unit classroom block, which he said has accommodated close to 300 fresh students but appealed to the government to help complete an already started 3,000 seater assembly hall Getfund project of the school.

source:educationghana.net

About arsrc

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *