Bright Yeboah Taylor
Ashanti Regional Inter-School & College Boys Soccer Competition.
The Ashanti Region Schools and Colleges Sports Federation Disciplinary Committee has a raft of Protest cases to deal with for this year’s Football Competition.
According to reports, Nine (9) Protests cases have been filed before the Committee as at 3:30 PM (25-11-2019) as schools contest the eligibility of some players fielded by other schools.
Hearing of the cases will commence on Wednesday to determine which Schools will qualify for the Round of 32 which will be held at the Baba Yara Sports Stadium.
The date for the tournament and fixtures will be out after the Cases have been heard.
1.O’SEC TECH AGAINST GYAAMA PENSAN. 2. BOWDWESANGO AGAINST MANKRANSO. 3. FOMENA AMASS AGAINST KENYASI SDA.
4. TWENEBOAH KODUAH AGAINST ADUMAN
5. OPPONG MEMORIAL AGAINST T.I AMASS K’SI (Oppong Memorial is seeking for a replay of their decider game against T.I Ahmadiyya which ended abruptly at Prempeh College Park when Referee Christopher Asante awarded a penalty against them (Oppong Memorial SHS)
6. T.I Ahmadiyya has also petitioned the School federation seeking for the 3 maximum points against Oppong Memorial SHS, a game that ended abruptly.
7. KONADU YIADOM AGAINST ASANTEMAN.
8. DADEASE AGAINST DWAMENA AKENTEN.
9. TEPA SHS AGAINST MANSO ADUBIA SHS.
Opoku Ware School for lack of evidence has pulled out their protest, therefore Beposo SHS is competing for this year’s Boys Soccer Competition Final.
The disciplinary committee will sit on Wednesday,27th November 2019.
The venue is the KASS Assembly hall.
Time: 9.30 AM.
Protest petitions have been sent to the defendant schools to bring their response.
The defendant Schools have been told to bring the players in question to appear before the Disciplinary Committee.
Stay tuned……Bright Yeboah Taylor ‘BYT’