BRIEF HISTORY OF THE SCHOOL
Banka Community Senior High School is one of the absorbed Senior High Schools in the Asante Akim South Municipal under the Ghana Education Service. The school was established in November, 2016 to serve the good people of Banka Community and its nearby towns and villages. In June, 2017, Mr. Ebenezer Ofosu Aboagye was appointed the first substantive Headmaster of the school.
LIFE ON CAMPUS
The school has a very nice landscape decorated with trimmed to shape gardens, flowers and shady trees which make the environment beautiful, serene and breezy. Again, it is characterized by trust, professionalism and high expectation for all candidates and it also maintains focus on continuous school improvement.
Through a purposeful and meaningful student activities
program, Banka SHS can further our mission of cultivating faith, virtue and
knowledge within the lives of our students.
Banka SHS encourage curricular and extra-curricular pursuits to help students develop important life skills such as leadership, service and honor. Student activities also provide a platform for students to hone their communication skills and form life-long relationships. We believe these unifying, communal moments matter significantly.
- The School placed 2nd in the 62nd Independence Quiz competition among the Secondary schools in the district.
- The School Culture Troupe was given recognition as one of the best in the Municipal.
- The school has won the Independence Day match past competition among the Senior High Schools in the Asante Akim South Municipal for two conservative times.
- The School participated in the Ultimate High Quiz that was organized by ARSRC and place 6th position in the qualifying stage.
- The Local SRC was able to organize a successfully SRC week that was witnessed by other sister schools.
- The School was nominated for the “Most Promising School” category during the ARSRC 22nd Congress.
- The school has both boys and girls soccer teams and have been actively participated in the Milo games at the qualification stages.
- The school placed 14th position in the boy’s division and 11th position in the girl’s division during the 2019 Ashanti Regional Beta Malt Inter School and College Athletics Competition.
- Academic performance of students in the school is generally below average. This could be attributed to their poor entry grades, and poor attitudes towards learning and weak financial background of most of their parents.
- The first batch of the School sat for the 2019 West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE).